Thursday 16 November 2017

Reindeer Tag Book Pop-Up Card

Good morning friends

I had another play with Karen Burniston's newest die set, the Tag Book Pop-Up. For today's card though, I used it a little differently and created a full sized backing card rather than using the tags & hinge as the die set was designed.

This patterned paper has several sheets of printed tags of various sizes so I used one here on the card front. I kept it over to the left side, as the Tag Book Pop-Up creates a lot of folds and they are all on the right when the card is closed. 



Here is a look at the card inside, with so many fun folds. My goal this year was to use some older stamps along with new products and I really had fun pulling out some images I haven't used in awhile. I am going to continue that goal next year as well! For this card I used a fun stamp set from Paper Smooches that I've had for a couple of years.




To change it up even more, I cut the scalloped tops off the end tags and the layering tags as well. Also, I decorated the folding panels before I adhered the inner tags together. I found it easier to decorate each of the panels when they could lay completely flat. While wiggly eyes would have been really cute to use, I was keeping the bulk down so I chose not to add them this time. In fact, the stamped and cut out images were all adhered directly to the patterned paper panels without even using foam tape!


When I finished adding the patterned paper and stitched scalloped edges on each side, the ends of the Tag Book Pop-Up were catching on the outer strip. So I added stitched circles but will remember to check for catch points next time.

I'm really happy with how this card turned out, and how it changes the look of the die set completely. It's always fun to come up with new ways to use our dies.


I just adore the little reindeer from this stamp set, called Santa Paws. I have several others stamped and cut out so now I just need some extra time to play with them!

Supplies:
Red and white cad stocks
Patterned paper - DCWV
Black Glaze pen - Sakura
Copic markers
Stamps - Paper Smooches
Clear glaze pen - Sakura
Stitched circle dies - MFT Stamps
Word stamp - Lawn Fawn

Card size - 4-1/2 x 6"

Thanks for stopping by today

4 comments:

  1. Your card is so cute. Thanks for the inspiration to use the new die in a different way. I just got mine and am anxious to play with it. That was a good tip to watch for catch points too. Thanks Karen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Linda. Have fun with your die set!

      Delete
  2. this die ist fantastic! Also your card!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clever idea, I will definitely be borrowing this idea 😊

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!