Thursday 2 November 2017

Riley Snow Much Fun card

Good morning friends

Tanya, who owns Riley & Company and is in partnership with Karen Burniston, offered to send Karen B's Design Team a couple of stamps from both Riley & Company and Prickley Pear Stamps. I didn't have any Riley stamps at all, and have to admit it was hard to choose just a couple!

I've really been enjoying playing with Riley --  this is the first card I made with the stamps/dies. Riley is so cute, and quite the character.


This particular Riley is actually only part of the stamp - Riley is playing with Percy the Penguin but I cut the stamped images apart and used Percy inside.

I also chose Basic Riley stamps and the Winter Accessories to 'dress him up', which is where the snowball on my card comes from.


I made a Pop-Up inside, using the floating floor from the House & Fence Pop-Up.


You can now see Percy, Basic Riley wearing a warm scarf and skates, and one of the other stamps I chose - Hockey Riley. I mean, how could I not choose Hockey Riley? The critters were all coloured simply with kids Crayola markers scribbled on a piece of plastic. I picked up the marker colour with a water brush and painted away.

I also added a bare tree from the Tree Pop-Up and snowflakes from the Winter Charms. The Nature Edges form the puffy snowbanks and I added hand lettering to the front and back. Then I had fun adding additional snowballs.


Below is the side view so you can see how the floating floor works.


I hope you enjoyed seeing my first Riley card - because there will be more for sure!

Supplies:
White, brown and green card stock
Patterned paper - Brenda Walton
Hockey Riley - Riley & Company
Basic Riley - Riley & Company
Winter Accessories - Riley & Company
Riley & Percy Snow Dancing - Riley & Company
Crayola markers and water brush
Hand lettering
Sakura black glaze pen
Hologram stickers - Stampendous
Wink of Stella

Card size 5 x 5-1/2"

Thanks for stopping by today

3 comments:

  1. your cards are always so beautiful and you never cease to aamaze me!!!and Im always buying the dies you use!!! hugs Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love everything about this card ... love the scene inside

    ReplyDelete
  3. this card is so cute!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!