Thursday 11 January 2018

Ornate Edge Birthday Cards

Good morning friends

The first time I visited Arizona where we were going to be staying for longer than a few days, I went a little crazy with my craft purchases. Just a little, ha ha. That is when I discovered all the amazing BigZ dies like Flip-Its and Pop 'n Cuts. They just were not available in Canada, and I hadn't even heard of Pinterest yet. You could say I felt like I'd been living in a bubble. You could also say our vehicle weighed substantially more on the trip home because of all those big dies I bought.

This ornate edge die is one of them, and I went a little crazy making card bases with it. I must have tired of working with this one so much and these 5 card fronts were stashed in my 'In Progress Bin'. Since I'm picking away at the bin, I pulled them out and decided to finish them off as birthday cards to donate to Seniors Secret Service.


I used Karen Burniston's Katherine Label Pop-Up for the label dies, cutting windows in the front of three cards and adding stamped & matted labels to show through the opening.


It's hard to see in the photos, but all the patterned paper has glittery embossed bits on it.



I used the label that came out of the card front as the bottom mat for the stamped greeting. That way it coordinated perfectly with the pattern and colours on the front.


With the popularity of wafer thin dies, I don't know how many people choose these large clunky ones anymore. It's so much easier to store the wafer thin ones! But I have a nice collection of BigZ and BigZ XL dies and I still like to use them!

Supplies:
Sizzix Ornate Card die
Patterned paper - Recollections
Cream card stock
Butterfly punch - Martha Stewart
Glitter Dots - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Birthday stamp - Stampin' Up

Thanks for stopping by today
SaveSave

3 comments:

  1. Love your cards. Such a great idea. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful cards Karen!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the use of the Ornate edge with the Katherine Label

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!